Executive Mentoring and Leadership Development
Developing managers and creating leaders to inspire, engage and motivate….
Mentoring and coaching is a natural part of life. Think of the successful athletes or performers you know, all of them have a mentor or coach of some sort. Closer to home, think about your own situation, it is likely that you already have people that you turn to for advice and guidance such as family members or colleagues – people you trust, respect and whose knowledge, wisdom and talent you value.
Executive and / or Business mentoring is simply the formalisation of this natural process. Its like having someone “running alongside you”, believing in you, providing feedback and insights that can really make a difference to your success. A mentor supports, encourages, and gently pushes you to make progress and achieve your goals.
Mentoring is a partnership – both professionally and personally.
It differs from coaching, which often suggests what should be done, by adopting the approach of questioning and reflection, which allows you to make better, more informed decisions.
What you should expect from a mentor:
- Skilled questions to help clarify and expand thinking
- Non-judgemental listening and response to what you say
- A push when you need it
- Complete honesty, providing you with a true picture of yourself, which may be difficult to find elsewhere
- Help with breaking negative / limiting behaviour patterns
- Help in separating the important from the urgent
- Clarity about agreed outcomes
What you need to bring to the process:
- An open mind
- An idea of what you wish to achieve from the sessions
- Willingness to build a trusting relationship
- A commitment to change
- A desire to improve and achieve agreed outcomes
With a mentor you have someone who can provide an impartial perspective and brainstorm with you on ways to move ahead. Your mentoring sessions are customised to your specific issues and personal needs.
Achieving positive outcomes through effective communication